Monday, October 26, 2009

Hazzah! Email back online.


Well from my last post you all would know that my email account got hacked. Well Microsoft managed to pry it open like an Ork with a power-claw peels open a tank. So it is all fixed again, however for those who want to commission work from me be aware that I am not taking commissions until after I do three things.

1) Update Sub's Underground. It has been far too long and I have to add the links to the shop which is being built.

2) Organise the Shop. I.e. finish the first run of products and do some casting. Plus finish registering and building the secure shop.

3) Organise another secure email account For commissions. I will still take single miniature commissions when I get the shop up and running, but it will not be a constant thing.

I realise that most of those reading this will think, commissions, wtf?
Brisbane locals who I have done work for will already know the low-down.

You may wonder to yourself, "what will this store sell?" Well not resin bases. Firstly there are too many people out there who are both members of FTW and better base designers than me making resin bases. If you are looking for good bases I can recommend you check out the List of stores on FTW. My personal picks of the bunch (in no particular order), are Dragon Forge, Secret Weapon Miniatures and for Aussies who want to pay a little less shipping, Back2Bas-ix.
As to what I will have, mostly 28mm scale generic conversion stuff. Things that enable you, the
modeller, to build cooler conversions by giving you a wider range of bits.
I will also do limited runs of 28mm scale miniatures in resin, yeah I know you are thinking "how limited?"
If they sell well enough I will likely do white metal versions with slight changes to the sculpts/more options on the sprue. Some of these miniatures may come with resin bases, as needs suit, but generally they will come with generic plastic bases (if I can find a good source of plastics).

So basically that is all the news. without further ado I give you two pics of some minis I did a while ago (found these while cleaning my hard-drive to determine if it was a virus or trojan that lead to
email fail)
A Kroot/Chaos Hound Conversion (can you pick the reference?)
And the Masque of Slaanesh I painted for the Chaos Daemons Dex Launch Painting Comp
although for some reason the masque pic is resized by the blogger software sigh!

Cheers
Subby

No comments:

Post a Comment